In 1896, in the tiny town of South Pittsburg, Tennessee, U.S.A., Joseph Lodge built a cast iron foundry. From this humble beginning, his legacy of quality cast iron cookware has gone on to thrive through two World Wars and the Great Depression, to be carried on by his family today in America’s only remaining foundry.
Naturally seasoned with oil, Lodge Cast Iron cookware is loved by chefs and home cooks the world over. Nothing can beat the even heating, heat retention, durability, and value of Lodge Cast Iron.
LODGE CAST IRON - IT GETS BETTER WITH AGE
"Lodge Cast Iron equipment is the first and only real original non-stick cookware. It takes a beating, gets better with age and will never ever let you down. For heat retention, durability and ease of cooking, nothing beats Lodge gear!"
~ Chef and Restaurateur Al Brown ~
In 2002 Lodge introduced to the marketplace foundry seasoned, ready-to-use cast iron cookware. This was a first, and set a new standard for the cast iron cookware industry earning Lodge numerous industry accolades and awards.
Seasoned Lodge Cast Iron cookware offers a healthy alternative to non-stick cooking and is ready to use right out of the box. Unlike some cookware, Lodge Cast Iron lasts a lifetime with a natural, easy-release finish that improves with age.
Whether you ‘re frying, simmering, sautéing, baking, braising, or slow roasting you’ll find what you need with Lodge’s extensive range of skillets, grills, dutch ovens, woks, pizza pans and outdoor grills.
Truly versatile, Lodge Cast Iron cookware is at home in the oven, on the stovetop (including induction), on the grill or over the campfire. Lodge Cast Iron - a lifetime of cooking.
Lodge Cast Iron Skillets are essential cooking tools, with a size and shape to meet any of your cooking needs whether it be – searing, sautéing, frying, stir-frying on the stove top, baking in the oven, or over the campfire.
Griddles & Grills
Lodge's versatile Griddles & Grills are available in round, square rectangular and reversible styles. Lodge grills are perfect to channel grease away from food while creating tantalizing grill marks.
The original slow cooker, Lodge's Cast Iron Dutch Ovens are a kitchen staple in any home.
You just won't find anyone who knows camp oven cooking like Lodge. Lodge Camp Dutch Oven's and Sportsman's Grill have proven themselves with avid outdoorsmen and patio pioneers from the Tarawera’s to Texas.
Lodge’s beautifully presented cast iron Server range dishes up meals hot out of the oven direct to the tabletop. Excellent for individual or shared portions.
For golden crust pizzeria style pizza on Lodge's Pizza Pan, an Asian inspired meal with Lodge's generously sized cast iron Wok or traditional Bakeware, Lodge has it all.
USE & CARE
Keep it dry. Keep it oiled (seasoned). Keep it 100 years.
3 Easy Care Steps
- Wash – by hand, no soap necessary
- Dry immediately
- Season - rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every use
- Apply enough oil to restore the sheen, without being sticky.
- If "no soap" is too scary mild soapy water is fine, but you must dry and oil immediately.
- DO NOT put it in the dishwasher!
- New cookware may stick so use a little oil when cooking.
- Lodge seasoned cast iron is right at home on any heat source, except the microwave.
- If you notice rust, scour the rust, rinse and dry, and rub with a little vegetable oil.
- If there is a lot of rust then you may have to re-season. Visit Lodge Re-Seasoning for directions. It's easy!
- HOSPITALITY SUPPLY COMPANY – WHANGAREI
- INTEC INTERIORS – WHANGAREI
- NORTHLAND HOSPITALITY – WHANGAREI
- THE SCULLERY - KERIKERI
- AL BROWN & CO
- APPLEWOOD THE KITCHEN SHOP – AUCKLAND CBD
- FARRO FRESH - EPSOM
- FARRO FRESH - GREY LYNN
- FARRO FRESH - LUNN AVE
- FARRO FRESH - ORAKEI
- FARRO FRESH - MAIRANGI BAY
- HOUSE OF KNIVES – MT EDEN
- MILLY'S PONSONBY
- SMITH & CAUGHEY – AUCKLAND CBD
- THE HOMESTORE NEWMARKET
- THE STUDIO OF TABLEWARE LTD – MT EDEN
- LIVING & GIVING (ST LUKES)
- TOP GEAR - ALBANY
- BLACK BARN – HAVELOCK NORTH
- CADEAUX – HAVELOCK NORTH
- TOTAL FOOD EQUIPMENT - NAPIER
WAIKATO / BAY OF PLENTY / COROMANDEL
- CHEFS COMPLEMENTS
- CULINARY COUNCIL - WHITIANGA
- FAGANS NZ LTD - WHITIANGA
- FOOD EQUIPMENT - ROTORUA
- GOURMET TRADER – TAURANGA
- RED KITCHEN – TE AWAMUTU
- REPLETE FOOD CO LTD
- THE GILDED EDGE - TAURANGA
- THE SCULLERY - HAMILTON
- SIMPLY DIVINE – CAMBRIDGE
TARANAKI / MANAWATU / CENTRAL
- CHEFS COMPLEMENTS – TAUPO
- ESSENCE OF STYLE – NEW PLYMOUTH
- REPLETE FOOD CO LTD - TAUPO
- TAYLOR ROAD – PALMERSTON NORTH & GREYTOWN
- BCE CATERING EQUIPMENT - PARAPARAUMU
- MOORE WILSON & CO LTD - PORIRUA
- MOORE WILSON & CO - MASTERTON
- MOORE WILSON & CO - WELLINGTON
- MOORE WILSON & CO - WYNGATE
- THE COLONIAL TRADING CO - FEATHERSTON
- THE HOMESTORE - WELLINGTON
- BBQ'S DIRECT – CHRISTCHURCH
- BV GOURMET - BLENHEIM
- CONTENT – NELSON
- DELICIOUS HOMEWARES – NELSON
- E. HAYES & SONS LTD - INVERCARGILL
- H & J SMITH LTD - DUNEDIN
- H & J SMITH LTD – INVERCARGILL
- J BALLANTYNE & CO LTD - CHRISTCHURCH
- KITCHEN KAPERS - ASHBURTON
- LIFESTYLE – CHRISTCHURCH
- MITRE 10 - ALEXANDRA
- MITRE 10 - WANAKA
- MOOCH - QUEENSTOWN
- THE COOK SHOP – CHRISTCHURCH
- THE KITCHEN CUPBOARD - GERALDINE
- TOTAL FOOD EQUIPMENT - CHRISTCHURCH
- TOTAL FOOD EQUIPMENT - DUNEDIN
- ZEST COOKING AND LIVING - MOTUEKA